things to look forward to in the next version..
Vember Audio
start | surge | shortcircuit | FAQ | forum | shop | customer zone
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2017-03-26, 07:26:39

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed
Search:     Advanced search
7351 Posts in 1210 Topics by 454 Members Latest Member: - tofudrew Most online today: 16 - most online ever: 101 (2010-03-10, 03:30:58)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: things to look forward to in the next version..  (Read 8378 times)
claes
Administrator

View Profile
« on: 2004-11-01, 20:10:41 »

I've just gone back working on the sampler again after working on peripherial stuff (website & help-file) for 2 weeks. Here's an update on what has been done so far:

- several minor bugs & UI annoyances fixed
- import of recycle files (supports rex, rx2 & rcy files)
- multiple zone editing (when multiple zones are selected, changing a parameter in the zone editor writes the parameter value to all selected zones)

-claes
bluelight
« Reply #1 on: 2004-11-02, 13:37:56 »

Site looks good.Only have one thing on the wish list..a solo function for  samples and groups.Mute is good but solo essential when using loads of layers.But then maybe you already have it  he he just that i dont now how to use it. smiley

Bluey
claes
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-11-02, 14:02:22 »

no, it's not in there yet (solo)..

how about this approach?:
- big nice button toggles the global solo mode
- when it's active, only selected (in the list) zones are played (or zones that are within a selected group)
bluelight
« Reply #3 on: 2004-11-02, 15:46:19 »

Sounds perfect to me  

Bluey
claes
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-11-03, 19:02:11 »

it's done and will be in the next release..

also added:
- installer
- help-file (not finished though)
wikter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2004-11-30, 22:36:55 »

Just a question...
How does voice allocation works?
When I limit the voices to be played new notes played in the keyb use to mute/cut notes playing but the new notes don't sound.
And when a filter is assigned to the multi (via override), the EG of the zones assigned to a parameter of the zone filter doesn't modify its values... the multizone selector helps a lot with that, but multi selection is faster.

Julius

Synthedit VSTi's to create big sounds... and with chainer, multisample'em to fed shortcircuit.
www.mvxsynths.tk
claes
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-11-30, 23:25:52 »

The voice allocation is really stupid at the moment. When it runs out of voices it reuses the last one most of the time. It was basically put there just to prevent the sampler from using more voices than the maximum allowed number in order to prevent it from crashing. I suppose I could add a decent voice stealing scheme before the final release tho.

Group-level voice stealing (and group mono/legato-modes) are probably a good idea, but I feel that these can wait.

I just fixed the filter override bug. it took about 30 seconds to find & fix it.. why can't all bugs be like this?   Shocked

thanks,
- claes
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: